Too many people are active but not productive in the areas that really matter, relationship with God, and relationships with other people.
Key Verse: Ecclesiastes 2:17: So I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless—like chasing the wind.
1. Solomon’s Activity
• The Bible makes it clear God doesn’t want us to live at a hectic pace all the time.
2. Solomon’s Futility
• Everything he worked for was temporary.
• His increased activity just led to increased stress.
3. Solomon’s Remedy
• Be rock solid about priorities
• Learn to say “no” to the secondary
• Realistically evaluate your efforts
• Place some margins in your life
• Wherever you are, be all there.
This four-weekend series will study King Solomon, who experienced everything the world offers. Solomon was the son of King David and had the resources and opportunity to try everything. He documented his pursuits in the Bible book of Ecclesiastes.
Series Key Verse - Ecclesiastes 1:1: “These are the words of the Teacher, King David’s son, who ruled in Jerusalem.”