In basketball, “A flagrant foul is a serious personal foul. A foul is considered flagrant when it involves excessive or violent contact which could injure the fouled player.”
Key Verses: John 14:1 – 19
Key points… We will see five lessons from Jesus’ that should give comfort when we get hit by life’s flagrant fouls.
1. Jesus is perceptive about His friends’ pain even though He is hurting.
2. Jesus provides real reasons His friends’ hope.
3. Jesus prepared the way for His friends’ victory.
4. Jesus is patient with His friends’ doubt.
5. Jesus promises the Holy Spirit for His friends’ support.
This eight-weekend series looks at Jesus’ final week. We will see it was packed with pressure, stress, and madness. Jesus is the perfect example of how a Christian should react to stress. And we need His example because most us live under stress every day.